“LA COMEDIA MAS CHAFA (THE CHEAPEST COMEDY)”
ERAZNO Y LA CHOKOLATA NETWORK PROMOTION
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
2. SPONSOR: Entravision Communications Corporation (“Entravision” or the “Sponsor”), located at 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90036, owner and operator of radio stations KLYY-FM 97.5, KDLD-FM 103.1, KDLE-FM 103.1, KYSE-FM 94.7, KPST-FM 103.5, KQRT-FM 105.1, KAIQ-FM 95.5, KLNZ-FM 103.5, KRCX-FM 99.9, KLOK-FM 99.5, KMIX-FM 100.9, KKPS- FM 99.5, KPVW-FM 107.1, KXPK-FM 96.5, KMXX-FM 99.3, KRNV-FM 102.1, KRZY-FM 105.9 FM (collectively, the “Station”) and producer of El Show de El Erazno y La Chokolata (the “Show”) broadcast on the Station and affiliate stations KXTS-FM 98.7, KLEY 95.7, XHTY-FM 99.7, KLBN-FM 101.9, WZSP-FM 105.3, WZZS-FM 106.9, KDDS-FM 99.3, KTKT-AM 990, KTKT 94.3, KIWI 102.9, WAFC-FM 106.1, WLLY-FM 99.5, KDUT-FM 102.3, KRYP-FM 93.1, WTIK-AM 1310, WAFZ-FM 92.1, WAFZ-AM 1490, WNOW-AM 1030, WNOW-FM 99.1, KIDI-FM 105.1, KCHX-FM 106.7, KZTB-FM 97.9, KZTA-FM 96.9, WDDW-FM 104.7, KTUZ-FM 106.7, KSMM-FM 101.5, WNVL-AM 1240, KMML-FM 92.9, WWBG-AM 1470, WOLI-AM 910, WOLI-FM 105.7, WOLI-FM 103.9, KMMQ-AM 1020, KDBI-FM 106.3, KTUZ-AM 1270, KSEC-FM 95.7, KZML-FM 95.9, WTOX-AM 1482, WAYE-AM 1220, WLRS-AM 1600, WNDA-AM 1570, KSYR-FM 92.1, KCUL-FM 92.3, WKZX-FM 93.5, KXTA-FM 99.1, KRDM-AM 1240, KAMT 105.1 FM, KBDR 100.5 FM, KFUR 101.1 FM, KNOR 93.7 FM, KSCR 1320 FM, KTJM 98.5 FM, KYQQ 106.5 FM, WAMA 107.7 FM, WAMA 1550 AM, WAOS 1600 AM, WCXN 1270 AM, WGSF 1030 AM, WLBA 1130 AM, WXEM 1460 AM (the “Affiliate Stations”). The administrator of the Contest is Entravision.
3. DATES OF THE CONTEST: “La Comedia Mas Chafa – The Cheapest Comedy” (the “Contest”) takes place from May 25, 2017 through June 22, 2017, as follows:
“First Part of the Contest”:
• May 25, 2017 – June 4, 2017 at 11:59pm: Deadline to submit Video Submissions.
“Second Part of the Contest”:
• June 5, 2017: Erazno selects five (5) contestants for his team.
• June 6, 2017: Daniel Perez “Garbanzo” selects five (5) contestants for his team.
• June 7, 2017: Edwin Roman selects five (5) contestants for his team.
• June 8, 2017: Raul Martinez “El Diablito” selects five (5) contestants for his team.
“Third Part of the Contest”:
• June 5, 2017 – June 11, 2017: Public votes for the Semifinalists.
“Fourth Part of the Contest”:
• June 12, 2017: Erazno and Daniel Perez each chooses one 1 Semifinalist.
• June 13, 2017: Edwin Roman and Raul Martinez each chooses one 1 Semifinalist.
• June 14, 2017 to June 16, 2017: the four (4) semifinalists submit videos for the next challenge.
“Fifth Part of the Contest”:
• June 19, 2017 – June 21, 2017: Final four (4) contestants shall be in Los Angeles to complete training with a Mentor and next challenges to select the winner.
• June 22, 2017: Final four (4) contestants will participate in the “Comedia Mas Chafa Stand Up Final” at Improv of Hollywood.
4. ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules (these “Official Rules”). Written copies of these Official Rules are available by mail upon written request to 5700 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 250, Los Angeles, California 90036, Attention: Tricolor Brand Manager with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. Rules will also be posted to www.elerazno.com/comediamaschafa
5. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will be divided into five (5) parts, each part contains deadlines and/or challenges for the contestants for an opportunity to advance to the “Comedia Mas Chafa Final”, the ultimate comedy stand-up act that will take place at the Improv Hollywood in front of a live audience on June 22, 2017 for an opportunity to win a prize. You will be asked to submit initially an entry form with your name, email address, telephone number and city of residence from May 25, 2017 through June 22, 2017 at www.elerazno.com. Together with the entry form and subsequently at different stages of the Contest you must submit an original video in a .MP4 or .MOV format including a comedy standup act, joke telling, comedic acting, and/or physical-acting comedy spoken in Spanish as indicated on certain parts of the Contest as described on Sections 3 and 6 herein, on occasion the content of the video will be determined by radio hosts Erazno, Daniel Perez “El Garbanzo”, Raul Martinez “El Diablito” and Edwin Roman in accordance with each challenge (each referred herein as the “Video” and collectively the “Videos”). The duration of the Videos will be determined by the Show on each part of the Contest. If any time, participants fail to submit Video on a timely manner, participant will be disqualified and an alternate participate will be chosen at the discretion of the Show.
The submission of your Video constitutes your permission for the Sponsor to use your Video and your name, voice and likeness, as well as your representation that you have obtained all necessary permissions and approvals to use your Video and the name, voice and likeness of all persons participating in your Video, in and in connection with this Contest, and any and all other exploitations thereof or otherwise, including, without limitation, for programming, advertising and promotional purposes, in all media and/or technologies, now known or hereinafter created. You release the Sponsor from all liability arising out of the use of your Video, including, but not limited to, any claims arising out of your right of privacy or right of publicity, any claims based on any distortions, optical illusions or faulty mechanical reproductions, and any claim for bodily injury or psychological harm that you or anyone in your Video may claim as a result of your participation or their participation in your Video. You acknowledge that you are the rightful owner of the Video. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incomprehensible, or misdirected entry forms and/or Videos, which such entries and/or Videos shall be disqualified. Entries and/or Videos will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language, including profanity. Any submitted materials will not be returned to participants. Limit one entry and/or Video per person. By submitting your entry and/or Video, you authorize the Sponsor to mention your name on air. More than one video may be requested and posted by the administrator at any point during the Contest. The Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incomprehensible, misdirected, or mutilated entry forms, which such entry forms shall be disqualified. Any submitted materials will not be returned to participants.
6. HOW PRIZES ARE AWARDED:
i) During the First Contest Part from May 25, 2017 through June 4, 2017 at 11:59 pm PST go to www.Elerazno.com and on the main page of the website click on the “Comedia Mas Chafa” contest banner. Submit your entry form together with a two (2) minute Video.
ii) On the Second Part of the Contest, from June 5, 2017 through June 8, 2017, the Show’s radio hosts Erazno, “El Garbanzo”, Edwin Roman and “El Diablito” will select each (5) favorite contestants from all the Videos received (each a “Semifinalist” and collectively the “Semifinalists”) to pass to the next challenge in the following order: Erazno on June 5, 2017 (“Erazo’s Team”), El Garbanzo on June 6, 2017 (“Garbanzo’s Team”), Edwin on June 7, 2017 (“Edwin’s Team”), and El Diablito on June 8, 2017 (“Diablito’s Team”). Each Semifinalist will receive a call from his/her team radio host and will be asked to submit a new Video based on the theme instructed by his/her team radio host with a duration of no less than one (1) minute and no more than two (2) minutes (each the “Second Round Video” or collectively the “Second Round Videos”). Semifinalists must submit their Second Round Videos to firstname.lastname@example.org on the dates as follows (Pacific Time):
• Erazno’s Team: from the time Semifinalist received Erazno’s call until June 6, 2017 at 11:59am. Voting on the videos will open at 3pm Pacific Time June 6, 2017 at www.elerazno.com and will close at 11:59am June 7, 2017.
• Garbanzo’s Team: from the time Semifinalist received Garbanzo’s call until June 7, 2017 at 11:59 am. Voting on the videos will open at 3pm pacific time June 7, 2017 at www.elerazno.com and will close at 11:59am June 8, 2017.
• Edwin’s Team: from the time Semifinalist received Edwin’s call until June 8, 2017 at 11:59 am. Voting on the videos will open at 3pm pacific time June 8, 2017 at www.elerazno.com and will close at 11:59am June 9th, 2017.
• Diablito’s Team: from the time Semifinalist received El Diablito’s call until June 9, 2017 at 11:59 am. Voting on the videos will open at 3pm Pacific Time and stay open for the third part of the Contest.
iii) On the Third Part of the Contest, the Station will upload the twenty (20) Semifinalists’ Second Round Videos to www.elerazno.com and listeners will be able to vote for their favorite videos from June 9, 2017 through June 11, 2017. The Show will select the best Second Round Video from each team for a total of four (4) semifinalists to pass to the next challenge (each a “Finalist” and collectively the “Finalists”). The criteria of the Show to select the Finalists will be based on the number of likes the videos get and each radio host will use his discretion to determine his favorite contestant to represent his team in the final round.
iv) On the Fourth Part of the Contest, the four (4) Finalists will be announced as follows: on Monday June 12, 2017 Erazno and El Garbanzo announce their two Finalists for their teams and on Tuesday 13, 2017 Edwin and El Diablito announce their two Finalists for their teams. From June 14, 2017 through June 16, 2017 the Finalists will be asked to create another Video with a theme and duration as determined by each team’s radio host and submit it to email@example.com (each the “Third Round Video” and collectively the “Third Round Videos”). Deadline to submit Third Round Videos will be announced by the Show. On this Part of the Contest, Finalists will also participate on live programs of El Erazno y la Chokolata via telephone at a date and time agreed by the Show and the Finalist.
v) On the Fifth and last Part of the Contest, Finalists will be guaranteed a spot in the Livestream Comedia “Mas Chafa Final” that will take place on Thursday June 22, 2017 at the Improv Hollywood located at 8162 Melrose Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90046. Entravision will cover all travel expenses including hotel accommodation, round trip economy class airfare from the closest major airport to the Finalist’s residence, and $50.00 (Fifty Dollars) per diem per day during their stay in Los Angeles for the purpose of this Contest. If Finalist resides in the Los Angeles, San Bernardino or Orange Counties, airfare and hotel will be excluded. Finalists from cities between 50 and 250 miles of Entravision’s office location referenced herein will receive hotel accommodations only. Finalists must arrive to Los Angeles, California, on June 19, 2017. During their stay from June 19, 2017 through June 21, 2017, Finalists will be provided with professional assistance (the “Mentor”) to perfect their final comedy stand-up act on the “Mas Chafa Final” and they will also participate on the Show (live programs and other non-live activities organized by the Sponsor) as required by the Sponsor. The Finalist’s final comedy act will consist of a 10-minute comedic stand-up routine spoken in Spanish at the Improv Hollywood. The comedic stand-up Spanish routine will be based on the routine worked and perfected with the Mentor. The 10-minute comedic standup routine will include Mentor’s introduction and Finalist’s routine. Each routine will be judged by a panel of three veteran comedians selected by the Sponsor (the “Judges”). The Judges will evaluate live performances and recorded performances on the Finalists’ Videos. Judges’ criteria to select the winner will include, without limitation, audience reaction to live and online performances, dominance of performance and Judges’ own experience on comedy/acting.
The odds of winning depend on the number of Videos received, the quality of the participant’s performances and following these Contest Rules as indicated on each stage of the Contest. Judges’ decision is final and not subject to appeal. Participants must provide legal proof of eligibility to be selected for any prize. (Eligibility requirements are set forth below).
7. PRIZES: Winner selected as the best comedy stand-up act at the “Mas Chafa Final” on June 22, 2017, will receive $10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Dollars and 00/100) and he/she will be named the “Comediante Mas Chafa” (the “Grand Prize”). The (3) three remaining Finalists will receive each $1,000.00 (One Thousand Dollars) (the “Runner-Up Prizes”). The Grand Prize and the Runner-Up Prizes will be delivered at the Improv Hollywood on June 22, 2017. Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prizes are non-transferable. A list of prizewinners is available by mail upon written request to Sponsor, Attn: Andrea Becerra“La Comedia Mas Chafa”, at the address above, with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of Finalists. All travel must be taken on dates specified herein or will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative travel dates are available. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability. Traveling participants must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Participants must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, or transportation companies. Additional travel information to be provided to the Finalists at the time of notification. Finalists are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged
8. ELIGIBILITY: All participants must be legal residents of the United States and at least eighteen (18) years of age with a valid social security number at the time of entry. All participants must also be able to travel to Los Angeles, California from June 19, 2017 through June 23, 2017. Employees and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) and household of such employees of the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distribution, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other companies engaged in the development, production of distribution of Sweepstakes materials are not eligible.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, illegal, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, or to make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any and all improprieties should be reported immediately to Andrea Prado, Regional Brand Manager for the Station at 323-900-6302. The Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who violates these rules or applicable law, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, engages in any conduct detrimental to Sponsor, the Contest or any other Participant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), or acts in violation of these Official Rules, to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest at any time. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO THE SPONSOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. RELEASE: Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of any prize offered constitutes permission to use the name, voice, and/or likeness (photo, videotape or film) and basic personal information of participants in any medium selected by the Sponsor for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation to the participants. Unless prohibited by law, each participant hereby releases the Sponsor and any syndicate or broadcaster of the Program and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in the Contest and any participation in any activity relating to the Contest. In order to participate in the Contest, Participants must sign an official affidavit of eligibility and release provided by the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for printing or distribution errors and may rescind or revoke this Contest based upon any such error without liability at their sole discretion. All federal, state, and local laws apply. As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, distributors and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Promotional Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR ANY SYNDICATE OR BROADCASTER OF THE PROGRAM, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE CONTEST AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prizes which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Each winner must provide valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, unless specifically permitted under these Official Rules. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof shall take place in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles, County of Los Angeles.