Cantando Por Cantar (Reglas)
CANTANDO POR CANTAR
(SINGING TO SING)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
- SPONSORS: Entravision Communications Corporation (“Entravision”), located at 5700 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90036, owner and operator of radio stations KLYY-FM 97.5, KSSE-FM 107.1, KSSC-FM 107.1, KSSD-FM 107.1, KYSE-FM 94.7, KPST-FM 103.5, KQRT-FM 105.1, KAIQ-FM 95.5, KLNZ-FM 103.5, KRCX-FM 99.9, KLOK-FM 99.5, KMIX-FM 100.9, KKPS- FM 99.5, KPVW-FM 107.1, KPVW-FM 104.3, KXPK-FM 96.5, KMXX-FM 99.3, KRNV-FM 102.1, KRZY-FM 105.9 FM and producer of El Show de El Erazno y La Chokolata (the “Show”), and affiliate stations KXTS-FM 98.7, KLEY 95.7, XHTY-FM 99.7, KLBN-FM 101.9, WZZS-FM 106.9, KDDS-FM 99.3, KTKT-AM 990, KTKT 94.3, KIWI 102.9, WAFC-FM 106.1, WLLY-FM 99.5, KDUT-FM 102.3, KRYP-FM 93.1, WTIK-AM 1310, WAFZ-FM 92.1, WAFZ-AM 1490, KIDI-FM 105.1, KZTB-FM 97.9, KZTA-FM 96.9, WDDW-FM 104.7, KTUZ-FM 106.7, KSMM-FM 101.5, WNVL-AM 1240, WNVL-FM 105.1, KMML-FM 92.9, KMPA-FM 103.1, KZXM-FM 94.3, KMMQ-AM 1020, KDBI-FM 106.3, KTUZ-AM 1270, KSEC-FM 95.7, KZML-FM 95.9, WTOX-AM 1480 and 1320, WAYE-AM 1220, WLRS-AM 1600, WNDA-AM 1570, KSYR-FM 92.1, KCUL-FM 92.3, WKZX-FM 93.5, KXTA-FM 99.1, KJOJ-FM 103.3, KTJM-FM 98.5, KNOR-FM 93.7, WBQH-FM 1050, WAOS-AM 1600, WLBA-AM 1130, WXEM-AM 1460, KFUR-FM 101.1, WZSP-FM 105.3, WCXN-AM 1270, KIST-FM 107.7, KDTD-AM 1340, KYYS-AM 1250, KYQQ-FM 106.5, WTOB-FM 103.9, WGSF-AM 1030,WAYE-FM 98.3, KOLL-FM 106.3, KDLF-AM 1260, KDLF-FM 96.5, KSCR-AM 1320 (hereinafter referred collectively as the “Station”). AARP, located at 601 E. Street, NW, Washington D.C. 20049 is a Sponsor of this Contest. The administrator of the Contest is Entravision.
- DATES OF THE CONTEST: The “Cantando por Cantar (Edicion Para Señoras y Señores) Contest” (the “Contest”) takes place on the following dates:
October 7, 2019 – October 9, 2019 Qualifier round 1, 2, 3
October 14, 2019 – October 16, 2019 Qualifier Round 4, 5, 6
October 21, 2019 – October 23, 2019 Qualifier Rounds 7, 8, 9
October 11, 2019 – Semifinal 1
October 18, 2019 – Semifinal 2
October 25, 2019 – Semifinal 3
October 28, 2019 – Final
- ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICIAL RULES: By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules (these “Official Rules”). Written copies of these Official Rules are available by mail upon written request, with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope,to 5700 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 250, Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attention: Cantando por Cantar. Rules will also be posted to www.elerazno.com/contestrules.
- HOW TO ENTER: On the dates of Qualifier rounds of the Contest, at Four Twenty pm Pacific time, (4:20pm PDT) “Erazno y la Chokolata”, broadcasted Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm pacific time, listeners will be instructed to call the Station at 1-888-874-2656 and three callers will be screened and selected at the Show’s discretion to participate in the singing contest. Each contestant will have one minute to sing the song of their choice for an opportunity to win a gift card with a cash value of $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars). In order to move on to the semi-final round, the Show’s panel of judges will vote for their favorite singer. The contestant with the most votes will then qualify for the semi-final round on the Friday of the calendar week. Each semi-final round will consist of three winners from the daily qualifier rounds. In the semi-finals, each contestant will have one minute to sing the song of their choice. In order to move on to the final round, the Show’s panel of judges will vote for their favorite singer. The semi-finalist(s) with the most votes will win $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars) and qualify for the final round on Monday October 28th, 2019. The three remaining finalists will face off on Monday October 28th, 2019. Each contestant will have one minute to sing the song of their choice for an opportunity to win the Grand Prize trip to Las Vegas. The Show’s panel of judges will vote for their favorite singer and the contestant with the most votes will the Grand Prize. The two runner ups will be awarded $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars) each. Limit one entry per person. Online radio streaming might have an audio delay and might reduce the possibilities for participants to call on a timely manner.
- PRIZES: Six contestants will each be awarded $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars) in the form of a gift card. Two contestants will be awarded $300.00 (Three Hundred Dollars) in the form of a gift card. One finalist will be awarded $400.00 (Four Hundred Dollars) in the form of a gift card, two (2) roundtrip economic class airline tickets to Las Vegas, Nevada, hotel accommodations for two (2) persons for a two (2) night stay in one (1) double occupancy rooms at a hotel of Stations choosing, and two (2) tickets to the “Latin Grammy” awards event that will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada (the “Grand Prize”). The estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,000.00 (Two Thousand Dollars and 00/100). Each winner will receive his/her gift card Prize via certified mailed. A list of prizewinners is available by mail upon written request, with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope, to 5700 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 250. Los Angeles, Ca 90036, Attention: Ganadores Cantando por Cantar.
- HOW PRIZES ARE AWARDED: Each contestant will have one minute to sing the song of their choice for an opportunity to win a gift card with a cash value of $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars). In order to move on to the semi-final round, the Show’s panel of judges will vote for their favorite singer. The contestant with the most votes will then qualify for the semi-final round on the Friday of the calendar week. Each semi-final round will consist of three winners from the daily qualifier rounds. In the semi-finals, each contestant will have one minute to sing the song of their choice. In order to move on to the final round, the Show’s panel of judges will vote for their favorite singer. The semi-finalist(s) with the most votes will win $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars) and qualify for the final round on Monday October 28th, 2019. The three remaining finalists will face off on Monday October 28th, 2019. Each contestant will have one minute to sing the song of their choice for an opportunity to win the Grand Prize trip to Las Vegas. The Show’s panel of judges will vote for their favorite singer and the contestant with the most votes will the Grand Prize. The two runner ups will be awarded $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars) each. The odds of winning depend on the number of calls received. Participants must provide legal proof of eligibility at time of entry. Eligibility requirements are set forth below.
- ELIGIBILITY: All participants must be legal residents of the States of California, New York, Arizona, Illinois, New Mexico, Florida, Washington, Utah, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Kansas, South Carolina, Texas, Alabama, Nevada, Colorado, Nebraska, Idaho, Arkansas, Virginia, Kentucky, Louisiana and Oregon at least eighteen (18) years of age with a valid social security number at the time of entry. Employees and the families of employees of the Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, distribution, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other companies engaged in the development, production of distribution of Contest materials are not eligible.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, illegal, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsors’ decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsors, the Sponsors reserve the right to suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, or to make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsors deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsors and are final. Future Contest or tie-breakers, if any, may be significantly more difficult than the initial Contest. The method of determining prize-winners if a tie remains after completion of the last tie-breaker will be at the Station’s discretion. The Sponsors may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion. The Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any and all improprieties should be reported immediately to Andrea Prado, Regional Brand Manager for the Station at 323-900-6100. The Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who violates these rules or applicable law, tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, engages in any conduct detrimental to Sponsors, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion), or acts in violation of these Official Rules, to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest at any time. The Sponsors disclaim any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO THE SPONSORS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 10. RELEASE: Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of any prize offered constitutes permission to use the name, voice, and/or likeness (photo, videotape or film) and basic personal information of participants in any medium selected by the Sponsors for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation to the participants. Unless prohibited by law, each participant hereby releases the Sponsors and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in the Contest and any participation in any activity relating to the Contest. In order to participate in the Contest, Participants must sign an official affidavit of eligibility and release provided by the Sponsors. Sponsors are not responsible for printing or distribution errors and may rescind or revoke this Contest based upon any such error without liability at their sole discretion. All federal, state, and local laws apply.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSORS, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE CONTEST AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- TAXES: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsors, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Each winner must provide valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, unless specifically permitted under these Official Rules. Any person winning over $600 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof shall take place in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles, County of Los Angeles.